- 1 Introduction
- 2 Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- 2.1 Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
- 2.2 Cookies and Automated Information Collection
- 2.3 Other Information from Your Mobile Device
- 2.4 Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
- 2.5 Information About Your Contacts
- 2.6 Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
- 2.7 Payment Information
- 2.8 Customer Support Correspondence
- 2.9 Information You Give Us For Text Messaging Services
- 2.10 Other Sources
- 3 How We Use the Information We Collect
- 4 How We Share Your Information
- 5 How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
- 5.1 Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Use Our Apps or From Your Mobile Device
- 5.2 Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by EvSoft
- 5.3 Stopping Use of Your Information
- 5.4 Opting Out of Geolocation
- 5.5 Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Information About Non-EvSoft Apps You Have On Your Device
- 5.6 Opting Out of Third-Party Tailored Advertising
- 5.7 Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
- 6 California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
- 7 Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
- 8 Our Policies Concerning Children
- 9 International Operations and Transfers Out of Switzerland and the EEA
- 10 How Long We Keep Your Information
- 11 Security of Your Information
- 13 Contact Us
- what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you use EvSoft’s apps or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, EvSoft may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the EvSoft app you’re using, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, EvSoft may collect and store some or all of the following information shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with EvSoft.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or EvSoft user ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out of Cookie Tracking.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you use EvSoft apps on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts (as further described below in “Information About Your Contacts”); and
- information about EvSoft and other third-party apps you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information.
Some apps or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a user profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other EvSoft users can see. Your user profile may include information like:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (like your age or age range);
- approximate location information that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network;
- details about the apps you use; and
- a EvSoft user ID number that is created by EvSoft and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your EvSoft profile may be publicly accessible on EvSoft’s websites that offer direct access to EvSoft apps, including:
- The EvSoft user ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
Except for apps designed for children under 13, your EvSoft user ID number used to identify your account and user profile will appear in the URL of your profile page. It will only allow access to information you make public in your settings.
Information About Your Contacts
We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your contacts on EvSoft and invite them to join you in our apps or other aspects of our Services. You are responsible for getting your contacts’ permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get information about you from other EvSoft users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Except for games designed for children under 13, you may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not just with EvSoft, but also with other EvSoft users. These include:
- sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
- chatting with other players; and/or
- posting photos or drawings.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on EvSoft’s servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and EvSoft’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our users’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If you purchase a license to use in-app virtual currency or virtual items in an app you use on evsoftapps.com, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. EvSoft does not collect or store your financial information, like credit card numbers. However, EvSoft’s payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. EvSoft may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in an app you use on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms relevant to our charges, billing practices, third-party credits and virtual currencies. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your EvSoft user and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services. For users of our games designed for children under 13, we will use your contact information for the sole purpose of providing a one-time response to your question. We will then delete your information from our servers.
Information You Give Us For Text Messaging Services
We receive and store the information you provide, including your mobile telephone number, when you choose to sign up to receive SMS messages.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
If you would like to learn more about how we secure your information, please see Security of Your Information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better user experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our users’ experiences;
- to create your user accounts and allow you to user our apps;
- to identify and suggest connections with other EvSoft user and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable users to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to user inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our users;
- to protect EvSoft’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify users of in-app updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to EvSoft, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-app activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-app status such as “crops ready” as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in an app, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages. Receipt of such communications depends on EvSoft having certain contact information from you. If you use one of our apps designed for children under 13, you will not be able to provide us with certain contact information. Please see the section on Our Policies Concerning Children for more information.
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other users collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco) and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we may share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than EvSoft) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other EvSoft Users
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other users. In most EvSoft apps, if you connect through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your app activity. Similarly, in many EvSoft apps, other users, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your app activity (including the identification of any EvSoft app you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your user profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or EvSoft user ID, and access to a social network ID or EvSoft user ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or EvSoft account. Other players may also be able to send you app requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or EvSoft’s communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your app use.
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by EvSoft or the social network through which you are using EvSoft’s apps.
If you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information. Please note that no tailored advertisements will be delivered for EvSoft apps designed for children under 13, though EvSoft may allow contextual advertisements to be displayed.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and EvSoft may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of EvSoft and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing app use, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Use Our Apps or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information EvSoft receives about you from a third-party application where you use our apps, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update information associated with your EvSoft user profile in certain apps, visit the “settings” page in that app. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by EvSoft
If you want to review, delete, or change the information EvSoft has about you or have additional questions, e-mail us at email@example.com (link sends e-mail). We will respond to your request within thirty days.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want EvSoft to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail). Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Information About Non-EvSoft Apps You Have On Your Device
To the extent that one of our apps is collecting information about non-EvSoft apps you have on your device, the app will provide you with an option to stop making that information available to us in the “settings” page for the relevant app.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Opting Out of Third-Party Tailored Advertising
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web and mobile web advertising you may visit the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising; and
- Your Online Choices UK website for EU-based advertising.
These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not EvSoft. EvSoft does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” Further, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising. Like the opt-out tools mentioned above for web, these mobile opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not EvSoft. EvSoftdoes not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within EvSoft’s apps even if you opt out of tailored advertising but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated web sites or apps.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because EvSoft cookies are necessary to track and enhance your app activities.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like EvSoft should interpret Do Not Track signals. EvSoft does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, whether that signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and apps may contain advertisements from Third-Party Services, which are companies other than EvSoft that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
EvSoft provides education games, which are intended to be enjoyed by parents, teachers, and children of all ages. In these games, EvSoft does not knowingly collect personal information (as that term is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)) from users under the age of 13, except as permitted by COPPA. For example, EvSoft may collect persistent identifiers to support the internal operations of its games. If EvSoft learns that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information that is not subject to a COPPA exception, EvSoft will delete such information.
International Operations and Transfers Out of Switzerland and the EEA
IMPORTANT: When you use Our Services, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries.
As part of our international operations, we may transfer data to our Affiliates (which means subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership with EvSoft Inc.) from time to time for our legitimate business purposes. For example, EvSoft Inc. provides certain services to its Affiliates.
We store information about players and visitors to its sites on servers located in the United States, and we may also store this information on servers and equipment in other countries. Our staff may be engaged in, among other things, (i) the processing of transactions and your payment details and (ii) the provision of support services. When we transfer your personal information internationally we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely, lawfully and in the manner we describe here. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
We certify with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with EvSoft, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your EvSoft account. It is important that you protect and maintain your EvSoft account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your EvSoft account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your EvSoft apps without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your EvSoft account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your EvSoft account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use encryption to transmit that information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at email@example.com (link sends e-mail).